General Terms and Conditions of the IRBW (Goal-oriented Development of People, Teams and Companies GmbH)
for participation in congresses, conferences, seminars, and training courses
§ Section 1 Scope of application
These General Terms and Conditions outline the contractual relationship between the participant and the IRBW Institut für Relationale Beratung und Weiterbildung, Zielorientierte Entwicklung von Menschen, Teams und Unternehmen GmbH, Schloss Schönbrunn, Zuckerbäckerstöckl 39, 1130 Vienna (hereinafter referred to as IRBW) as an outline for the participation in congresses, conferences, seminars, and training courses (hereinafter referred to as the Event).
§ 2 Registration
1. registration for participation in the event takes place online, using the registration tool or by e-mail. The participant will receive confirmation of receipt immediately. The information provided in the online registration form will be sent to the registrant with the confirmation of receipt. Any input errors can be reported to the IRBW at any time at the e-mail address provided.
2. Registrations will be processed in the order of their receipts by the IRBW. IRBW will send the participant a confirmation of registration for the event in writing or by email. The confirmation of registration will be sent to the participant at the latest three weeks before the start of the event. In case of late registration, the confirmation of registration may be sent late, corresponding to the previously stated period of response. The contract between the participant and the IRBW is concluded with the receipt of the confirmation of registration.
3. If registration for the desired event is unavailable due to a lack of space, the IRBW will inform the participant of this and, if necessary, identify alternative events.
4. The language of the contract is German.
§ Section 3 Remuneration
1. The remuneration (participation fee) is listed on the registration form. The amount stated there covers the participation in the IRBW event (if necessary including documents, drinks during breaks etc.). Not included in the price are: travel, accommodation, and subsistence expenses of the participants. The amount stated is exclusive of statutory value added tax.
§ 4 Execution of the event; changes
1) The IRBW owes the participant, subject to the following regulations, the implementation of the booked event within the previously announced time, location, and personnel framework.
2. The event will be organized and run by qualified speakers. The IRBW does not guarantee that the conference documents or the content of the event will be up-to-date, correct, or complete. The IRBW also does not guarantee the participant success solely due to his participation.
3. Up to one month prior to the event, the IRBW is entitled to relocate the event due to conflicts of space and/or time, to appoint new speakers or replace those previously announced, or to change the program of the event. In the event of a complete or partial relocation or a reduction in the duration of the event, the previous contract is deemed to have been concluded for the changed duration, unless the participant objects within two weeks of notification. There will be no reduction in the agreed price. If there is good cause, for example, if only one speaker is scheduled and he or she is unable to attend, or if the number of participants is too low, the IRBW can cancel the event and give extraordinary notice of termination of the contract. In this case, the mutual obligations of the parties cease to apply; the participant is refunded any remuneration already paid.
A claim to travel and/or accommodation costs only arises if the IRBW has carried out the actions mentioned under 3. above within one month before the events take place. A claim to reimbursement of costs due to loss of work is excluded.
4. the IRBW shall inform registered participants without delay of any changes to the time or place of the event and of any significant changes in the schedule of the event, as well as of any cancellation of the event pursuant to paragraph 3.
§ 5 Withdrawal; substitute participant
1. The participant is entitled to withdraw from the contract at any time prior to the start of the event. Instead of withdrawing from the event, he may appoint a substitute participant. The declaration of withdrawal must be made in writing, by fax or e-mail, to the IRBW at the contact details given below. If the declaration of withdrawal is received by the IRBW up to 1 month (30 days) before the start of the event, the participation fee will be refunded minus a processing fee of € 30.00.
§ 6 Liability
1) The IRBW is liable without limitation only for intent and gross negligence of its legal representatives and agents.
2. In the case of slight negligence, the IRBW is liable if an obligation essential for the achievement of the purpose of the contract ("cardinal obligation") is violated. Cardinal obligations are those necessary for the proper execution of the contract and on the observance of which the contracting partner regularly relies and may rely. In this case, liability is limited to the foreseeable damage typical of the contract. The IRBW is not liable for the loss of items brought to events.
3 The above regulations also apply to the employees and vicarious agents of the IRBW.
4. The limitation period for claims by the participant is one year, insofar as the beginning of the period is dependent on the participant's knowledge; in other cases, the statutory provisions shall apply.
5. Claims according to the product liability law as well as liability for injury to life, body, or health remain unaffected by the above paragraphs 1. to 4. Claims for damages due to intentional or grossly negligent conduct are not subject to the regulation of paragraph 4.
§ 7 Copyright, image recordings
1. The participant acknowledges the copyright of the IRBW and/or the speakers/third parties to the event documents. The documents may only be used by the participant personally and may only be reproduced, published, or otherwise passed on to third parties in whole or in part with the prior written consent of the IRBW and the speaker or third parties. Recording of the event, e.g. on audio or video tapes, is not permitted as a matter of principle and is only permitted in exceptional cases if it has been expressly approved in writing by the IRBW for this case.
Should the referent/third party provide documents online, the IRBW does not guarantee the topicality, completeness, correctness, or quality of the documents provided.
2. The IRBW is entitled to make or have made commercial image and video recordings of, on and in connection with the event and to use them for marketing purposes. The participant grants the IRBW the right to use any recordings of participant’s image free of charge and without restriction of time and place.
§ 8 Data protection
IRBW uses the personal data provided in the course of registration exclusively for the purpose of implementing the contract. Transmission to third parties may be necessary for this purpose. In addition, the personal data will be stored and used for sending information material on other similar IRBW products or events that may be of interest to the participant.
§ 9 Right of withdrawal for consumers
If the participant is a consumer, the following revocation instruction/right of revocation applies: The participant can revoke the contract declaration within 14 days in text form (e.g. letter, fax, e-mail) without stating reasons. The period begins after receipt of this instruction in text form, but not before the conclusion of the contract, and not before the fulfilment of the information obligations The timely dispatch of the revocation is sufficient to comply with the period. The revocation is to be addressed to: IRBW, Zielorientierte Entwicklung von Menschen, Teams und Unternehmen GmbH, Zuckerbäckerstöckl 39, 1130 Vienna, Austria, by fax to +43 1 409 55 66 77, or by e-mail to email@example.com Consequences of revocation: In the event of revocation, the services received by both parties are to be returned and any benefits derived are to be surrendered. If the participant cannot return the received service in whole or in part or can only return it in a deteriorated condition, he must compensate the IRBW for lost value. The goods are to be returned at the expense and risk of the IRBW. Obligations to
refund of payments must be made within 30 days. For the participant, the period begins with the dispatch of the cancellation declaration, for the IRBW, with its receipt. Special note: The participant's right of cancellation expires prematurely if the contract is completely fulfilled by both parties at the participant's express request before the participant has exercised his right of cancellation. End of information on the right of cancellation.
§ Article 10 Final provisions
1. Collateral agreements must be in writing to be effective; this also applies to the amendment of the written form clause.
2. Deviating general terms and conditions of the participant have no validity.
3. If one of the provisions of these general terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. The invalid provision shall be replaced by a reasonable and admissible provision that corresponds to the sense and purpose of these general terms and conditions.
4 The place of jurisdiction for dealings with merchants, legal entities under public law or special funds under public law is the registered office of the IRBW, Vienna.